Security of your Transaction
Vector Escrow Services is an independent escrow company licensed with the State of California under the Department of Protection and Innovation. All employees are required to have a background check and have live scan fingerprints on file with the department. The Escrow Manager must have at least 5 years of qualifying experience.
The DFPI requires independent escrow companies to maintain strict control of Trust Assets and we are audited on a regular basis.
As a best practice, Vector Escrow performs internal monthly audits to assess any areas of risk and we are regularly audited by the DFPI.
Privacy of your Transaction
An escrow holder who provides real estate settlement services, is required by Federal law to inform their clients (customers) of their policies regarding privacy of client information. Escrow holders have been and continue to be bound by professional standards of conduct that are even more stringent than those required by the law.
Types of Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect
- Information we receive from you, such as personal financial information, your name, address, telephone number or social security.
- Information about your transactions with us, or others. We receive this information from your lender, accountant, attorney, real estate agent/broker
- Information we receive about you that is obtained by us with your authorization and
- Information from public records
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
- For current and former clients, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our practice to people outside of your company except as agreed to by you or as required or permitted by law. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to people within our company who need to know that information to provide products or services to you or required by you or your Lender. In all such situations, we stress to the confidential nature of the information being shared.
Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Current and Former Client’s Information
- We retain records relating to professional services that we provide so that we are better able to assist you with your professional needs and in some cases, to comply with professional guidelines. In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with appropriate federal and state regulations and with our professional standards. We dispose of your paper files and have it shredded and recycled by a bonded security company.